Vigilant Global (www.vigilantglobal.com) is a Montreal-based research and development firm, a leader in the design and implementation of high-performance systems and innovative software solutions, primarily being applied to the world of electronic finance.
Currently, we are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator. This particular role is responsible for providing real-time technical support for our algorithmic systems.
This is a position of responsibility, requiring strong technical experience. A practical and solution-based approach to all aspects of this role is required as well as excellent cognitive ability. This position involves varied IT functions, including implementation of time-sensitive matters.
You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. You must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
While your primary focus will be providing real-time support for our algorithmic systems, there is a great opportunity to learn and take on more responsibility over time.
What will you do?
- Provide real-time analysis of, and response to, any IT infrastructure and or Software Systems issues.
- Provide regular support in the areas of Software Maintenance, Hardware Maintenance and Network Monitoring.
- Proactively maintain hardware and software systems to ensure maximum uptime.
- Restore basic LAN/WAN outages and/or escalate to our Global Networks team when required.
- Maintain and upgrade local hardware systems as required, including but not limited to local workstations, servers, display arrays, routers, switches, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed documentation of Local IT infrastructure, Port Connections, and LAN Network topologies.
- Responsible for updating and revising internal support procedures and knowledgebase.
What are we looking for?
- College or University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of technical support experience.
- Strong background in General Computing: PC Hardware Systems (x86 Workstations and Servers), Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong background in LAN Network troubleshooting: Cisco Layer 2 Switching environment issues, Cisco Layer 3 Routing environment issues, Operating system level Layer 3/4+ issues.
- Knowledge of scripting languages ( AutoIT, etc) as well as MySQL and PHP is an asset.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities with sharp attention to detail.
- Must work well under pressure and with specific time constraints.
- Must be fine working outside of normal working hours.
Why should you join Vigilant Global?
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting the first year
- Benefits program starting on the first day
- We offer a bus pass, a parking pass or even a BIXI pass
- Gym membership
- We offer Breakfast, Lunch & snacks everyday
- Casual environment where you would work with passionate people
- And many more benefits that you will love to discover!