At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our teams are looking for passionate Software Developer Interns for Winter 2018 to develop new and improve existing software that’s critical to Vigilant’s mission. You’ll work in multiple languages with emerging technologies and you will have the opportunity to learn a lot and work with cutting edge technologies.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Smarts, curiosity and a passion for technology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in progress in a program related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Experience with one or more Object Oriented programming languages (Java, C++, C#)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following web frameworks or tools: Django, Flask, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, REACT, or AngularJS
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS.
- Knowledge of communication and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
As a Software Developer Intern for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Developing new software meeting given requirements.
- Participating in idea generation and research innovative solutions.
- Assisting in the requirements engineering and analysis phase.
- Developing highly efficient and robust systems.
- Doing extensive testing to ensure proper software robustness and performance.
- Maintaining existing software by making modifications as required.
- Using benchmarking tools to evaluate and optimize code
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- The opportunity to continually learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking.
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!