At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Global Network Architecture is looking for a passionate RF Engineer intern to support Vigilant with research and design of new and emerging technologies. As part of our scientific team, you’ll have an opportunity to work in multidisciplinary projects and improve your skill in design, implementation, test and troubleshooting of RF devices and systems.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Smarts, curiosity and a passion for technology
- A Master or PhD student in the field of Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of RF/Microwave design and testing
- Good understanding of electronic PCB Circuits
- Capability to work with test equipment (e.g. Signal generators, Phase noise Analyzer, Frequency Counter and signal analyzers)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively find resolutions
As a RF Engineer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Designing RF circuits and systems based on RF link requirements
- Optimizing performance of your designs using different tools
- In-house implementation of the performance-improvement ideas for existing RF devices
- Tests of prototypes and analysis of the results based on the design specifications
- Noise performance analysis of RF components and systems
- Collaboration with network teams to run field test case scenarios for designed RF links
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- The opportunity to continually learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!