As an active participant in capital markets worldwide, Vigilant Global (www.vigilantglobal.com) combines new and emerging technologies with sound and forward thinking strategies. A strong focus on research and development has allowed the firm to expand in the rapidly changing environment of electronic markets. Vigilant Global is among top 20 employers in Montreal for 2014.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Wireless Solutions Architect which is an important component of our Network Team. You will be responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of telecom solutions and will be involved in all phases of the lifecycle of our global network infrastructure starting with the implementation of these solutions, mainly in a project management capacity. Overall, you will be a key asset in ensuring the company’s network infrastructure is designed and deployed to meet evolving business requirements and standards for performance and reliability.
You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. You must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
What will you do?
- Assist in the design of new infrastructure solutions for telecommunications systems, or help improve existing designs
- Manage the implementation of telecommunications networks, from capturing requirements from the network design teams to delivering the network to the NOC
- Manage the entire RFI/RFQ/RFP process in the procurement of materials and services from suppliers and contractors
- Logistical coordination of materials required for building the networks
- Write SOW (Scope of Work) documents to support contractors and network integration teams
- Provide remote technical support to contractors/network integrators in the field
- Provide onsite support and perform quality inspections (requires travel)
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering with specialization in telecom or equivalent degree
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in telecommunications networks would be considered as an asset
- Microwave and/or wireless experience would be considered as an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to occasionally be on-call outside of regular business hours, on an ad-hoc basis
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Why you should join Vigilant Global?
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting the first year
- Benefits program starting on the first day
- We offer a bus pass, a parking pass or even a BIXI pass
- Gym membership
- We offer Breakfast, Lunch & snacks everyday
- Casual environment where you would work with passionate people
- And many mores benefits you would love to discover!