At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated and talented people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Network Services and Operations team is looking for a dedicated Network Administrator - Weekend Shift to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the fastest network in the world, experiment with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic team, focusing on managing, improving and monitoring a global cutting edge network.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A high level of energy and a passion for creativity and innovation
- A Bachelor's degree in telecommunications, computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years of experience as a network administrator
- Experience with wireless networks and knowledge of RF principles considered an asset
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP or equivalent with relevant multicast experience
- Experience working with one or more of the following platforms (Cisco, Arista, xCelor)
- Experience using network traffic and protocol analysis tools (Wireshark)
- Strong Linux skills including automation and scripting experience in Python and Bash
- Excellent analytical, organizational, process improvement and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail, organized and ability to assimilate knowledge quickly
- The be available to work full time including the weekend
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
As a Network Administrator for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Provide operational support for our global microwave network
- Proactively identify enhancements to existing configurations, technologies and procedures to improve performance
- Contributing to the documentation of network processes, systems and configurations
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms throughout a global infrastructure
- Using proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools to identify, diagnose and solve network related issues throughout the global infrastructure
- Participate in the design and development of our network management solutions
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!