As an active participant in capital markets worldwide, Vigilant Global (www.vigilantglobal.com) combines new and emerging technologies with sound and forward thinking strategies. A strong focus on research and development has allowed the firm to expand in the rapidly changing environment of electronic markets. Vigilant Global is among the top employers in Montreal for 2015.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Network Administrator who is responsible for supporting our Global Network. The successful candidate will monitor and maintain the health of network devices and circuits, support maintenance activities, troubleshoot and resolve network faults, generate various reports and adhere to the network operations center’s SOP and SLA.
What will you do?
- Monitor and maintain network performance and troubleshoot network outages within specified SLA
- Escalate critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed
- Contribute to the documentation of network processes, systems and configurations
- Support the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians
- Perform daily network health checks, address issues and document results
- Open, track and close incident tickets
- Use proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools as required
- Carry out additional tasks upon request
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in telecommunications, computer science or equivalent
- 3 to 10 years of experience as a network administrator with a proven track record of excellent customer service
- Knowledge of: Cisco IOS, network monitoring tools and concepts, TCP/IP fundamentals and common routing protocols
- Experience in telecommunication networks is an asset
- Microwave and/or wireless experience is an asset
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center considered an asset
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCSP, CCNP will be considered an asset
- Functional knowledge of scripting in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail, organized and ability to assimilate knowledge quickly
- New graduates welcome to apply
Opportunity to relocate to amazing international locations after your training
Why should you join Vigilant Global?
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting the first year
- Benefits program starting on the first day
- We offer a bus pass, a parking pass or even a BIXI pass
- Gym membership
- We offer breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday
- Casual environment where you would work with passionate people
- And many mores benefits you will enjoy discovering!
Apply for job