At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Network Engineering team is looking for a dedicated Network Administrator to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic team located in America. You will participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- An ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technology
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Telecommunications, computer science or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role
- CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT and/or equivalent
- Exhaustive knowledge of OSI layer 1-3
- Understanding of device architecture
- Willingness to learn unfamiliar or new technology that’s beyond industry standard
- Readiness to work outside of comfort zone
- Excellent Written and Communication skills in English
As a Network Administrator for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Configuring, operating, and recommending improvements to network infrastructure
- Monitoring and maintaining network performance and troubleshoot network outages
- Escalating critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed
- Assisting the Network Engineer with network troubleshooting, and architecture/topology design and implementation
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians
- Working with external vendors and service providers to develop, test, evaluate and integrate technology enhancements and new functionalities
- Testing new design protocols in a dedicated lab environment
- Following incident and change management processes
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!