As an active participant in capital markets worldwide, Vigilant Global (www.vigilantglobal.com) combines new and emerging technologies with sound and forward thinking strategies. A strong focus on research and development has allowed the firm to expand in the rapidly changing environment of electronic markets. Vigilant Global is among top 20 employers in Montreal for 2015.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Market Research Analyst tha must have a strong interest in learning about global markets and world economies. The successful candidate is required to think independently and act collaboratively. You will be relied upon to assist in the preparation of several market research reports by collecting, processing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. You must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
What will you do?
- Prepare for upcoming trades by gauging market sentiment – i.e.: reading about world markets and speaking with industry-leading contacts
- Collaborate with the execution team in post-trade analysis by recording and analyzing market reactions using tick data for all regular trades and possible new trades
- Support and eventually generate new trade ideas and ensuring proper implementation
- Assist with updating spreadsheets and databases (ad hoc data entry requests)
- Keep abreast of all market developments on a real-time basis by monitoring markets using Bloomberg, Reuters and other sources
- Conducting some statistical analysis of historical markets using large data sets
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to multitask and expect ad hoc requests
- Excellent research and data gathering skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with fluency in the English language
- Must be available to work outside normal working hours (5:00am to noon)
Why you should join Vigilant Global?
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting the first year
- Benefits program starting on the first day
- We offer a bus pass, a parking pass or even a BIXI pass
- Gym membership
- We offer breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday
- Casual environment where you would work with passionate people
- And many mores benefits you will enjoy discovering!