At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our team is looking for a passionate Junior Software Developer to develop new and improve existing web based software that’s critical to Vigilant’s mission. You’ll work in multiple languages with emerging technologies.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Curiosity and passion for technology
- Self-motivation, hardworking skills and be enthusiastic
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a program related to Software Engineering
- Strong knowledge in programming languages
- An openness to learning new languages such as Python, Conjure…
- Meticulous problem solving skills
- Strong Written and Communication skills in English
(And if you are a new graduate, with a degree in Comp Sci or a related field, we want to talk to you too!)
As a Junior Software Developer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Learning and becoming proficient in writing optimized and efficient code
- Creating and improving software systems with cutting edge technology
- Using your creativity to research innovative solutions
- Working on different projects within and outside of your team to meet Vigilant goals
- Being a solid contributor and team player in a large, agile environment
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!