At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Currently, we are recruiting for a Full Stack Developer Fall Internship. You will be responsible for the design and development of internal web based programs that are used in multiple teams & departments within the company.
You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. You must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in progress in a program related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Front and back-end knowledge and experience are a must.
- Experience in server-side scripting, Node.JS, Redux, and Visual Studio will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python and Bootstrap will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL programming (preferably MS SQL Server and T-SQL) will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of Agile web development frameworks
As a Full Stack Developer Intern for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Designing and developing functional and responsive performance based GUI's for our end users using the latest front & back-end technologies
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop web applications
- Working closely with a mentor and communicating the interface design to the development teams throughout the process
- Creating visual specs of components and interfaces used in applications
- Recommending improvements in web functionality, navigation, and UI design elements
- Testing UI design and serving as a functional tester for all design project improvements
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- The opportunity to continually learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!