At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Trade Execution team is looking for a passionate Full Stack Developer to develop new and improve existing software that’s critical to Vigilant’s mission. You’ll work in multiple languages with emerging technologies.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Curiosity and passion for technology
- Self-motivation, hardworking skills and be enthusiastic
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong knowledge in programming languages
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a full stack web developer.
- Knowledge of Ruby will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of Agile web development frameworks
(And if you are a new graduate, with a degree in Comp Sci or a related field, we want to talk to you too!)
As a Full Stack Developer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Designing and developing functional and responsive applications using the latest front & back-end technologies
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop web applications
- Working closely with a mentor and communicating the interface design to the development teams throughout the process
- Being a solid contributor and team player in a large, agile environment
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!