At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated and talented people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Network Services and Operations team is looking for a dedicated DevOps Systems Architect to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to design and build a suite of robust tools and dashboards to manage, visualize and control the fastest network in the world.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a program related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Front and back-end knowledge and experience are a must
- Experience with Unix/Linux as well as Windows systems
- Experience with one or more web application frameworks (Ruby on Rails/Sinatra, Django/Flask, AngularJS).
- Experience with provisioning tools (Ansible, Docker) will be considered an asset.
- Experience with the following technologies: Grafana, ElasticSearch, Graphite, InfluxDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres and MySQL will be considered an asset
- Understanding of networking and network protocols will be considered a major asset
- Innovative thinker with excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile & Scrum Methodology
- Strong communication skills and a team player
As a DevOps Systems Architect for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Design, create, deploy and support systems, tools and dashboards for network management, automation, monitoring and performance analysis
- Develop highly efficient, scalable and robust systems using the latest front & back-end technologies
- Work closely with our network engineers to ensure the optimal performance and availability of our cutting edge network
- Develop ad-hoc tools in a very fast paced environment with extremely short development cycles as needed by operations to address urgent needs
- Participate in idea generation and research innovative solutions
- Help stakeholders analyze, explain and formalize requirements
- Create use cases and user stories
- Interact with WebSockets to build real-time data monitoring systems
- Build extensive test suites to ensure proper software robustness and performance
- Support existing software by making modifications as required in a version-controlled environment
- Release and deploy code continuously
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!