An active participant in capital markets worldwide, Vigilant Global (www.vigilantglobal.com) combines new and emerging technologies with sound and forward thinking strategies. A strong focus on research and development has allowed the firm to expand in the rapidly changing environment of electronic markets.
The candidate must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. They must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
Currently, we are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Business Intelligence team. This person will be required to work on cross-organizational mandates relating to data analytics. In this position, you will drive the vision and execution of our data sets by creating innovative and analytic methodologies, algorithms and systems that can be applied to our growing internal demand.
- Assess current data sets and architect the systems and processes required to collect the data.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for processing and analyzing data
- Analyze large data sets and extract patterns that lead to greater user insight and optimized performance
- Work with management to formulate hypotheses and design research aimed at improving key performance metrics.
- Apply data mining, machine learning and/or visualization analysis techniques for a variety of modelling, relevance and analytic problems, their properties and users.
- Work with business partners and management teams to ensure the collection and analysis of appropriate data and metrics to facilitate improvements in processes and profit.
- Communicate to stakeholders; complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Mastery of machine learning and data mining: classification, clustering, time-series analysis, recommend systems
- Strong experience in exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and developing systems and metrics to drive business decisions.
- Experience working with large data sets, working with distributed computing tools is considered a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Strong scientific abilities, including the ability to question and test your own hypotheses
- In depth experience working with complex structured and unstructured data
- Software Engineering experience a must
- Flexibility to adapt to different teams needs
- Must be able to work effectively with technicians as well as business leaders.
- R, MATLAB, SPSS, Tableau, and/or similar language/platforms
- Skilled in data access and storage technologies, RDBMS and SQL
- Programming Languages: C/C++
- 7-10 years work experience
- PhD/MS in Statisics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics